The Product Manager will work with key stakeholders to product manage and commercialize our online products and services. The Product Manager will provide key product information and development road maps to support marketing, operational and partnership initiatives and activities.
- Manage product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specify product requirements for current and future products by conducting market research
- Drive projects across operations, development, marketing and content teams
- Act as point of contact for all product related inquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues to address any issues
- 5+ years of online marketing and/or product management experience, preferably within the education or STM publishing industry
- Agile product development experience
- Experience working in distributed, multi-cultural teams preferred
- This position requires travel to both China and Japan or relocation to China
- Beijing, China or working remotely depending upon experience and circumstances
The Edanz Group is always looking for talented and well-qualified English language editors who are also native speakers of English. We need editors across all scientific and academic fields to join our worldwide team of editors. We deliver a quality product to our clients, so we set high standards for our editors.
Most of the Edanz team of editors have a Doctorate or a Masters degree in their particular field and have research experience – thus they relate to the needs and aspirations of our client authors. Others have several years' experience with an academic journal or as a scientific editor. For an idea of the type of people in the Edanz team of editors go to Editor Profiles. If you fit the description, and also have an eye for detail and an aptitude and love for language, then we need you.
Make it happen
If you are interested in becoming an Edanz freelance editor please email a current CV (as a pdf or MS Word document) to recruitment(at)edanzgroup.com, and we will be in touch with you about how you can get started as an Edanz editor.
In the body of your email, please include:
- Details of your degree(s) and academic/research area(s)
- Your main editing topics
- Any specific expertise you have that you believe may be relevant to academic editing
April 2013 update: specific editing skills sought
We have been overwhelmed recently with responses from so many well-qualified people. Because our resources to properly respond to and test all those seeking to join the Edanz team are stretched, we are, for the next few months, only seeking those with skills in the fields noted below. If you are well qualified in these fields please send us in your CV and contact details – for other potential editors, I suggest you bookmark this page and come back in July/August 2013 – we will be needing you then.
We are presently looking for editors in:
- Biophysics/Medical Imaging
- Medical Technology
- Biotechnology (Fermentation)
- Computer Science
- Remote Sensing/Meteorology/Earth Sciences/Geology
- Public Health
In-House Copy Editing Position
Fukuoka, Japan based international English scientific and medical editing service, Edanz Group Japan, has an opening in its in-house group of full-time copy editors.
The Edanz Group has been established in Fukuoka for 16 years and in Beijing, China for 4. It has an East Asia focus but a developing Global presence. This is a position for someone wanting:
- a long term STM career opportunity in East Asia
- to be involved in quality assurance and language checking of manuscripts after editing by one of our expert science editors
- to be part of a worldwide team preparing manuscripts for publication
Applicants must be native English speakers with excellent English grammar and language ability, and an eye for detail. Good writing skills and a love of language needed. A postgraduate degree and copy editing experience are also definite advantages.
The office is a combination of Japanese and expat staff. This is a local hire without relocation expenses; however, relocation assistance available and visa provided. Employment conditions will reflect qualifications and experience. Send a CV and covering letter to:
Tom da Costa
Edanz Group Japan