Before you press send...
As a clinician, you face unique challenges when you want to publish your research. Here is a checklist of important items to keep in mind while preparing and submitting your manuscript.
- Identify a clinically important research question based on your review of the primary literature and systematic reviews/meta-analyses.
- Always obtain informed consent from participants and publically register all clinical trials before you begin.
- Consult with a statistician to ensure you properly analyze your data.
- Use reporting guidelines (www.equator-network.org) to help logically structure your ideas throughout the manuscript.
- Write a cover letter to communicate the significance and clinical relevance of your study.
- If required by your target journal, fill out additional forms related to reporting guidelines (e.g., CONSORT, STROBE, etc.), conflicts of interest, authorship, and/or informed consent.