We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For web security Edanz employs the highest level of security tools, including encryption, to keep your data safe at every stage. Our network security staff are automatically notified of new internet security threats and monitor the integrity of all systems.
Edanz follows a professional code of ethics and has instituted measures ensuring the confidentiality of all manuscripts or other files and documentation sent to us by our clients. All Edanz editors, staff and directors sign legally binding Confidentiality Agreements.
We guarantee the confidentiality and security of your data at all stages of the editing process. View a copy of our editor confidentiality agreement.
Edanz recognizes that your privacy is important and is committed to maintaining your trust.
- Your personal information is securely maintained under accepted IT industry standards on secure servers.
- When collecting information, we clarify its purpose and gather information from our clients only to the extent necessary to offer our services.
- We do not provide or share your personally identifiable information with any third party.
- We may send you service updates via email from time to time. If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please inform us at the email address below.
- We strictly observe the legal requirements mandated in the countries in which we are located for the protection of personal data. We continually review and update our policies to ensure your protection.
Edanz Group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy may be subject to periodic revision and, at such time, Edanz Group will update this page to reflect any changes to the policy. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you agree to any changes. This policy is effective from November 25, 2015. Last updated November 24, 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- name of institution
- field of research
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize our website according to your interests.
- We will never sell your information.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie lets us know when you visit one of our sites. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which of our pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better experience on our website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Note however that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.