Yes, reference editing is included in Expert Editing.
References will be edited for typos and for compliance with the correct format. However, we will not research and insert missing information.
Reference management software can make this an easy job for the author. However, Edanz does not edit citations or references generated by reference management software such as EndNote or Mendeley; any changes would be overwritten if the citations or references are regenerated later.
Reference editing includes:
- Correcting spelling and punctuation as per target journal instructions
- Adjusting typography (e.g., bold, italics) as per target journal instructions
- Correcting spacing, replacing Asian characters, correcting journal title style
- Reducing the number of listed author names in references as per journal requirements
- Correcting the in-text citation style as per target journal instructions
Reference editing does not include:
- Researching or inserting missing information (e.g., author names)
LaTeX files— sorry, we cannot provide our reference editing services for files with LaTeX coding
If you don't want your references edited, you can remove them from your manuscript before sending it to us.