News & Events
For the second year running, Edanz Group was invited to the Tokyo Institute of Technology to provide conference presentation training to PhD students and early-career researchers in the physical sciences. As with the first workshop given in March 2016, Dr Andrew Jackson and Ms Ayli Chong--both trained English teachers with science backgrounds--led the whole-day training session, on 22 February 2018.
Edanz announced today that it is partnering with Aries Systems in adopting the Editorial Manager Ingest Service for its Author Path product (www.author-path.com).
The Edanz Author Path was launched in beta last April in both English and Chinese. This partnership means authors using the Author Path, will be able to submit files and metadata associated with their manuscripts to the thousands of journals using Editorial Manager with a single click.
Which of the following refer/s to past research appropriately?
- Author Z et al (2010) wrote: “X offers an effective technique for performing Y”.
- Author Z et al (2010) wrote that X offered an effective technique for performing Y.
- Author Z and colleagues claim that X was effective as a procedure for Y (2010).
- According to Author Z (2010), X is effective as a procedure for Y.
Which of these opening sentences of a paragraph in the Introduction use/s the correct tenses?
- X was developed in 2010 and became a commonly used procedure for Y.
- X was developed in 2010 and is now a commonly used procedure for Y.
- X was developed in 2010 and is now commonly performed for Y.
- X was developed in 2010 and is becoming a commonly used procedure for Y.
On 13 November 2017, Dr Trevor Lane (Education Director and Senior Publishing Consultant) was invited to the Singapore Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) to give a seminar on science communication to non-academic audiences, which is becoming a sought-after skill among scientists.
On 5 October 2017, Edanz Group conducted a workshop to teach the fundamentals of journal peer reviewing to researchers at the Chiba University Graduate School of Nursing, Chiba, Japan.