Yes, when we edit the manuscript, we will check basic journal guidelines and make sure your manuscript is correct.
- Check and change spelling/language (use the spelling style specified in the journal guidelines or if there are no requirements use whatever is dominant in the manuscript)
We will thoroughly check that your manuscript meets the word limits defined in the instructions for authors.
- If your manuscript is far over the limit, then we’ll let you know with a comment in the manuscript
- If you need a large word count reduction, get in touch for a custom quote
Check target journal guidelines and leave a guiding comment on the following:
- Word limits for abstract/manuscript
- Abstract structure
- Title page (e.g. missing information)
- Missing sections (highlights, abstract, introduction, conflict of interest statement, etc.)
There are some things we won't do:
- Make actual formatting changes or leave placeholders for missing information
- Edit in-text citations or the reference list (if you want these checked and edited, you will need to order "Reference editing" service)
- Edit text inside tables/figures (if you want these checked and edited, you will need to order "Table & figure editing" services)