Careers in clinical research can be financially rewarding and offer solid stability in the job market. An Indeed.com found the average salary for clinical research associates (CRAs) in the US was $95,000, though some earn over $125,000.
As more journals start to take advantage of the benefits of the online format, this has follow on effects for authors and their submissions. Online publication allows manuscripts to be more visual and interactive and editors are using those features to help attract more readers. One of the increasingly common features editors are adopting in this style is the graphical abstract.
Which of the following refer/s to past research appropriately?
- Author Z et al (2010) wrote: “X offers an effective technique for performing Y”.
- Author Z et al (2010) wrote that X offered an effective technique for performing Y.
- Author Z and colleagues claim that X was effective as a procedure for Y (2010).
- According to Author Z (2010), X is effective as a procedure for Y.
Which of these opening sentences of a paragraph in the Introduction use/s the correct tenses?
- X was developed in 2010 and became a commonly used procedure for Y.
- X was developed in 2010 and is now a commonly used procedure for Y.
- X was developed in 2010 and is now commonly performed for Y.
- X was developed in 2010 and is becoming a commonly used procedure for Y.
Even when all your research is done, you face the daunting task of writing it up. You are now a writer, and there will be times when you just can't get going. We asked some of our long-time experts to give us some ideas on overcoming writer's block.