Join the worldwide team of Edanz editors
The Edanz Group is always looking for talented and well-qualified English language editors in all scientific and academic fields who are also native speakers of English. Interested in joining our team of freelance editors? Find out more and apply on our recruitment page.
A career as one of our freelance editors can bring more than just financial rewards.
You can edit from anywhere in the world, choosing your own schedule that fits your lifestyle and availability; the only things necessary are an internet connection and a computer.
As our clients are based around the world, from Japan and China to South America, the Middle East and Europe, you can expect to edit a diverse range of papers within your general subject area, experience fresh perspectives on ideas and methods, and further your understanding of new advances in your field within different regions.
Your editing can make a real difference by helping our authors overcome language barriers and achieve their publication goals. Publication in international journals ensures their research is read by more people around the world and in turn fosters the global communication of ideas and contributes to the advancement of your academic field.
Editing for Edanz helps you become a better editor and even a better writer, with a wealth of information and helpful tips in our online Editor Handbook and online Editor Academy, our blog, and an ever-increasing number of seminars and presentations held around the world. From your first editing assignment you will receive helpful feedback and guidance from our Editorial team that will quickly have you on your way to editing efficiently and with the level of quality Edanz guarantees its authors.
What makes an Edanz Editor?
- Experienced in editing for or submitting to SCI journals
- All new editors go through our Editor Training Program
- All editors receive feedback and ongoing training from our in-house Editorial Team
Expert Editors with PhD
- PhD in a specialized field
- Established publication record
Expert Editors without PhD
- 3+ years as a dedicated scientific editor, or
- 3+ years scientific research experience, or
- Certified Science Editor (e.g., BELS or University of Chicago, Graham School)
Specific editing skills sought
We are presently looking for editors in:
- Applied Economics
- Applied Mathematics
- Artificial Intelligence & Image Processing
- Astronomical & Space Sciences
- Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle & Plasma Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiorespiratory Medicine
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine (including TCM)
- Computer Sciences
- Economic Theory
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Human Movement & Sports Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Imaging
- Medical Technology
- Numerical & Computational Mathematics
- Oncology & Carcinogenesis
- Ophthalmology & Optometry
Make it happen